PADI Rescue Diver Course
The PADI Rescue Diver course is the most challenging, yet most rewarding course you will ever take.
Are you ready to take the next step and become a PADI Rescue Diver?
Knowing how to deal with potential dangerous situations underwater can help build your confidence and help you to enjoy your diving more. Qualifying as a Rescue Diver in this intense, yet fun course helps you become a better buddy for other divers.
Past students have made comment to how different their diving experience is now that they are prepared for anything that could happen. The Rescue Diver course has proven to be a favourite amongst Orca’s instructors, as it improves their student’s confidence and diving abilities.
Outline of the PADI Rescue Diver Course:
PADI Rescue Diver Knowledge Development:
Similar to previous PADI courses, you will work through your manual a chapter at a time, allowing you to study at your own pace, in your own time. Upon each session, your instructor will go over the chapter with you before taking a short test to ensure you have fully understood the theory of the course.
Confined Water Rescue Training (pool sessions):
In this section of the course you will first review your self rescue skills that you learnt in your PADI Open Water Diver course. You will then move forward, learning new skills to deal with emergency siutations including panic divers, unresponsive divers and taking control of a situation to effect a rescue.
Open Water Rescue Training:
Finally, you will bring together what you have learnt over the course to take part in a series of open water rescue scenarios, in realistic settings, in one of our available dive sites in Essex or the South East.
PADI Rescue Diver Course Pre-requisites:
- Minimum age is 12. All 12-15 year olds will be awarded a junior certification
- You must complete a medical questionnaire before participating
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver qualification (or equivalent certification from another training agency)
- A completed first aid certification, including CPR, from within the past two years. Orca Scuba Diving Academy provides an Emergency First Response course, which is discounted for all students taking the Rescue Diver course
- All specialised equipment needed for the course
- Certification fee
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- PADI Diving Accident Management workslate
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from the training locations and open water dive sites
- Entrance fees to the open water dive sites
PADI Rescue Diver Course Cost: £275
Copyright © 2017 Orca Scuba Diving Academy. All Rights Reserved.
Orca Scuba Diving Academy
17 Repton Close, Repton Court, Basildon, Essex, SS13 1LN
Tel: 01268 520111
Scuba Diving Holidays
PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre