Padi Open Water Course
Are you ready to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Diver?
The minimum age for this course is 10, however those aged 10-15 will be awarded the PADI Junior Open Water certification instead. All students must also complete pre-requisite paperwork before commencing the course, which is provided by Orca Scuba Diving Academy
Outline of the PADI Open Water Diver Course:
This course is purely a self-study method, allowing you to complete it at your own pace, in your own time. On a Tuesday evening at our dive centre in Basildon, Essex, we have a meeting to discuss the sections of the dive manual that you have been studying, before completing a quick quiz.
After the final Knowledge Development session, you will sit an exam to complete the theory side to scuba diving. But don’t worry; our staff will help to prepare you for the exam, so it should be a breeze!
Confined Water Pool Sessions:
Open Water Dives:
However, many people like to complete the open water dive whilst on holiday, because of the warmer waters! If this applies to you, then please call Gary at the dive centre, who will talk you through this procedure.
What’s included in your course:
- PADI Open Water Manual
- PADI Recreational Dive Planner & Instruction Booklet
- PADI Diver Logbook including full training record
- PADI Certification fee
- All specialised equipment needed for the course
- Certification Card and Certificate given to you by your instructor on successful completion
What’s not included in your course:
- Travel to and from the training locations and Open Water Dive sites – this is your responsibility!
- Entrance fees to the Open Water Dive sites
- Age: 10+
- Successful completion of a medical questionnaire
PADI Open Water Diver Course Cost
Our prices start from £275 for an open water referral, please call Gary to discuss in detail.
Contact Orca Scuba Diving Academy by Telephone, Email, Social Media or drop into the Scuba diving centre in Basildon, Essex