Padi Rescue Diver Course
Are you ready to take the next step and become a PADI Rescue Diver?
Knowing how to deal with potential dangerous situations underwater can help build your confidence and help you to enjoy your diving more. Qualifying as a Rescue Diver in this intense, yet fun course helps you become a better buddy for other divers.
Past students have made comment to how different their diving experience is now that they are prepared for anything that could happen. The Rescue Diver course has proven to be a favourite amongst Orca’s instructors, as it improves their student’s confidence and diving abilities.
PADI Rescue Diver Course Pre-requisites:
- Minimum age is 12. All 12-15 year olds will be awarded a junior certification
- You must complete a medical questionnaire before participating
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver qualification (or equivalent certification from another training agency)
- A completed first aid certification, including CPR, from within the past two years. Orca Scuba Diving Academy provides an Emergency First Response course, which is discounted for all students taking the Rescue Diver course
PADI Rescue Diver Knowledge Development:
Similar to previous PADI courses, you will work through your manual a chapter at a time, allowing you to study at your own pace, in your own time. Upon each session, your instructor will go over the chapter with you before taking a short test to ensure you have fully understood the theory of the course.
Confined Water Rescue Training (pool sessions):
In this section of the course you will first review your self rescue skills that you learnt in your PADI Open Water Diver course. You will then move forward, learning new skills to deal with emergency siutations including panic divers, unresponsive divers and taking control of a situation to effect a rescue.
Open Water Rescue Diver Training:
The final and most exciting stage of the Open Water course! To complete this section you will have to demonstrate the skills you have learnt during your pool sessions in four open water dives, all spanning over two days. These dives take place at one of our designated Open Water Dive sites.
However, many people like to complete the open water dive whilst on holiday, because of the warmer waters! If this applies to you, then please call Gary at the dive centre, who will talk you through this procedure.
What’s included in your rescue diver course:
- All specialised equipment needed for the course
- Certification fee
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- PADI Diving Accident Management workslate
What’s not included in your rescue diver ourse:
- Travel to and from the training locations and Open Water Dive sites – this is your responsibility!
- Entrance fees to the Open Water Dive sites
- Minimum age is 12
- Hold the Advanced Diver Qualification
- Successful completion of a medical questionnaire
PADI Rescue Diver Course CostOur prices start from £275 for an open water referral, please call Gary to discuss in detail.
Contact Orca Scuba Diving Academy by Telephone, Email, Social Media or drop into the Scuba diving centre in Ba